Thursday, June 28, 2007

STARTING OVER AGAIN

It came to me last night when I was watching a new TV show - Shaq's Big Challenge. For those of you who haven't heard about this, Shaq - the NBA superstar, has decided to take on childhood obesity and get a group of kids into shape. I saw myself several times in those kids even though I'm 30 years old. Check out the show - it's something on network TV that's actually worth watching for a change!

So what came to me? The fact that I'm way too fat and I need to get off my ass, put down the junkfood, and get into some semblance of shape to ensure that I'm not at the midpoint of my life at 30 years old. I stepped on the scale (thank God it's not alive!) and I really didn't like what I saw. The reading was depressing. It made me angry. Seriously pissed off as a matter of fact. I haven't been this tweaked in years. Democrats and the immigration debate don't rise to this level!

You see, I managed to get down from the high 200's to 195 pounds a couple of years ago. I managed to keep the junkfood out of my mouth, ate healthy, and exercised my butt off - literally! I was lookin' good!

Then I started computer school and was working nearly full time. I gave into the junkfood and convenience. I admit I have a soft spot for pizza and Costco chicken bakes. Gardettos and Doritos. Oh, and cream cheese croissants and bear claws and Bavarian Cream donuts, too. And I've developed a taste for GUMBO!

I wasn't exercising nearly as much. I was eating junkfood. Then I moved to Vegas.

Through nobody's fault but mine, I sat around the apartment when I wasn't working. Then I got a job in a call center. I sit on my butt at home and at work. I get breakfast at the gas station and lunch from the vending machine known as "The Wheel of Death." I eat too damn much. I snack. It ain't right. It ain't healthy.

It has to change! And it is changing starting NOW!!!

No comments: